The fun begins!
I will try to describe how the mould is created in step by step…
1. After the wooden model is finished (I could easely spent another week polishing this out but there is no time for being a perfectioninst), I can proceed with creating the mould which will be used to laminate carbon fiber.
First, the model gets fully covered with plastic tape. It will prevent the wooden model to get damaged when removing it out of the mould. It is then placed on the plastic surface. On the top there is a vertical splitting plane which will split the mould in left and right part.
2. The next step is to cover it with a gel coat. This thing will pick up every small detail of the model’s surface.
I love the color!
The gel coat is added to the model’s surface. Oh did I mention how I love the fluo green color? The gel has this color to be well distinguished from the model’s surface so you can check out if you left out a small part somewhere.
3. Then, the moulding mass is getting prepared.. dirty job! This mass is then poured with Araldite which hardens the epoxy.
4. The dirty mass is then placed around the wooden model..
5. Then the mould is left overnight to dry.
Now I cant wait to see what will come out..:)
Preparing the model to be coated
Preparing the gel coat
Gel coating the model